Do you comply with the environmental (permit) requirements set for your company? Or do you want an insight into the full environmental impact of the business process? During an EHS Compliance & Audit we provide insight into which legal requirements apply to your company. And which points of attention and risks you, as owner or operator, should take into account.
Processes under the microscope
All relevant components within the business process are determined to meet specific environmental requirements. Not only (inter)national legislation and regulations, but also policy requirements there are drawn up by the organization itself. Among other things, we assess the storage and use of environmentally hazardous substances (such as oil and chemicals), emissions to the surrounding air and waste water.
The research provides insight into the components that may pose risks to people and/or the environment. This research consists of the following aspects:
- Desk research, in which we look at all available documentation about the building and business activities (including the environmental permit). We map out which parts of the business process must comply with specific regulations in terms of soil, water, air and noise.
- A site visit, during which the building, the available facilities/processes and the surrounding land are visually inspected for possible risk factors.
- Conversations with the owner, building manager(s), employees and other relevant stakeholders.
The result is a clear report for the owner or operator, containing all findings and practical recommendations.
If it turns out that there are shortcomings, or if we have not been able to gather sufficient information in the first phase, we proceed to in-depth research. We map out possible risks on the basis of research such as:
- Soil testing and riverbed research
- Asbestos survey
- Research into hazardous substances and materials
- Research on waste water and air emissions
Why choose SGS?
SGS has extensive experience in performing Environmental Site Assessments (ESA) and EHS Compliance & Auditing. Our expertise center is located in the Netherlands, but thanks to a global network and local offices, we can be deployed worldwide. If you choose SGS, you are opting for unobtrusive research and advice, specialist advisors and a fast service. We strive to provide practical, cost-effective solutions. Where necessary and possible, we combine additional studies to keep investments as low as possible in terms of time and money.
What can we do for you?
Get information about our servicesRequest information